Without a strong online presence, businesses are invisible in the digital landscape. Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business) is a free tool that helps businesses manage their online presence across Google Search and Maps. By optimising your business profile, you can increase your visibility, attract more customers, and boost your bottom line.
But how do you gauge whether what you’re doing is paying off? That’s where tracking key metrics comes in. By monitoring these metrics, you can gain valuable insights into how your platform is performing and make informed decisions to improve it.
Here are some of the key metrics you should track in your Google Business Profile:
- Views: This metric shows how many times your business profile has been seen in Google Search and Maps. A high number of views indicates that your business is visible to potential customers.
- Website clicks: This metric shows how many people have clicked on your website link from your Google Business platform. This is a good indicator of how much traffic your profile is driving to your website.
- Phone calls: This metric shows how many people have called your business directly from your Google Business platform. This is a valuable metric for businesses that rely on phone calls for sales or inquiries.
- Directions requests: This metric shows how many people have requested directions to your business from Google Maps. This is a good indicator of how many people are interested in visiting your business in person.
- Photos views: This metric shows how many times people have viewed the photos of your business on your Google Business Profile. High-quality photos can attract more customers to your business, so it’s important to track this metric and make sure you have a good selection of photos.
- Reviews: This metric shows how many reviews your business has on Google, as well as the average star rating. Reviews can have a big impact on your business’s visibility and reputation, so it’s important to encourage customers to leave reviews and respond to both positive and negative reviews.
- Messages: This metric shows how many messages you have received from potential customers through your Google Business platform. This is a great way to connect with potential customers and answer their questions directly.
By tracking these key metrics, you can gain valuable insights into how your platform is performing and make informed decisions to improve it. By optimising your profile and tracking your progress, you can ensure that your business is visible to potential customers and that you are getting the most out of this powerful tool.
Additional tips for optimising your Google Business Profile:
- Keep your information up-to-date. This comprises your company’s name, address, phone number, website, and hours of operation.
- Use high-quality photos and videos: This will help your business stand out from the competition.
- Encourage customers to write reviews: Respond to all reviews, both favourable and unfavourable.
- Post regularly: Share news about your company, new products or services, and special promotions.
- Use the insights feature: This will give you valuable data about how people are finding your business profile and what actions they are taking.
By adhering to these suggestions and monitoring key metrics, Bloody Marketing can play a vital role in optimising your Google Business Profile, thereby enhancing your online presence. It’s crucial to recognise that, in today’s digital age, a robust online presence is indispensable for any business. Therefore, invest time in optimising your Google Business Profile with the support of Bloody Marketing and begin to reap the numerous benefits it offers!